Thursday 22 March 2012

Misunderstandings.......

I took my daughter to the hospital today to have her six-monthly blood tests, an ordeal she bears with great fortitude and humour. Once we had sorted the blood sample, we had a brief meeting with the consultant - a new face as the regular one was unwell.
Consultant to Lottie: 'How old are you...?'
Lottie: pause......'forty six'
Consultant....confused face.
Lottie: 'Oh sorry, I thought you were asking about my dad....'
Consultant (laughing): 'I see your birthday is in January....what did you do? Did you have a party?'
Lottie: 'We went to Buildabear'
Consultant: 'Wow! How long were you in Bilbao...?'
At this point I began to wonder if I was an unwitting participant in a Monty Python sketch........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link to WWT - Welney

Link to WWT - Welney
Some awesome birding opportunities.....