Sunday 9 September 2012

Thame ghosts.......?

I was on my way home on Friday night driving along the road between Thame and Longwick - the road was empty and dark and, as is usual for me, I was using my peripheral vision to scan the roadside for animals that perversely might decide to cross the road just as I was passing. Along a particularly straight stretch of road I noticed two indistinct forms close to each other in the grass verge. I looked closely at them on full beam headlights thinking they could be muntjac or roe deer only to see that they were two women. One was an elderly women in a bonnet, arms folded. The other was younger and wore a pale smock and had unkempt hair. As I stared at them, they stared at me as I drove past. I continued for about a minute before deciding to turn around......their location was SO dark and away from any habitation - perhaps they were in need of help......I returned to the same stretch of road not more than another minute later and drove slowly past the spot with my window down. There was absolutely no trace of either woman. I am not afraid of ghosts or hauntings - I nether believe nor disbelieve - but I do have good powers of observation and I know what I saw which, in hindsight, was certainly unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link to WWT - Welney

Link to WWT - Welney
Some awesome birding opportunities.....