Monday 11 June 2012

Adventures.......




Life is a precious gift and not to be wasted....it should be full of adventures. I am a geographer...I love to travel and I have been truly lucky to see so much of the world in my lifetime These photographs were taken four years ago when we took off from Hokitika Airport on the West coast of New Zealand's South Island in a small Cessna and flew over a landscape of mountains and glaciers - with all the aretes and cirques and pyramidal peaks a geographer could wish for - with our pilot, Murray. But I have come to realise increasingly that adventure is never too far away for those who seek it.....it is as much a state of mind as anything else. I have listened to Lottie's imagination taking her to wondrous places just playing with her friends and dolls in the garden. I have stood and watched the sunrise on the east coast in sand dunes surrounded by rising skylarks and plummeting pipits......and I have looked in to eyes that sparkle and shine so brightly with a sense of adventure that I cannot divert my gaze from them. New adventures await .....and the twinkle is almost back.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link to WWT - Welney

Link to WWT - Welney
Some awesome birding opportunities.....